The Center for Biodiversity Conservation and Endangered Species (CBES) is currently supporting WWF-Vietnam in developing training materials and organizing training courses on biodiversity conservation and monitoring. This is part of the project “Restoring and managing water resources for the Red River, Tien River and Dong Nai River basins at Xuân Sơn National Park, Đồng Tháp Mười Conservation & Ecotourism Area and Đồng Nai Nature – Culture Reserve”. The project is implemented by WWF-Vietnam, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, in collaboration with three local partners and is funded by Heineken Vietnam Brewery Limited Company.
By participating in the training program, the responsible officers of the three Conservation Areas (CA) and National Park (NP) will be equipped with knowledge on biodiversity survey and monitoring methods. The training program will focus on crucial aspects such as:
- General knowledge of biodiversity survey and monitoring: Updating knowledge on biodiversity in Vietnam and worldwide, providing relevant theoretical foundations on survey and monitoring methods, with a focus on endangered species specific to each NP/CA.
- Data storage, management, computation, and analysis of biodiversity indicators: Participants will grasp theoretical foundations for managing, archiving and processing biodiversity survey data. Additionally, they will acquire skills in using tools and software to efficiently manage and process biodiversity monitoring data within their units.
- Planning biodiversity survey and monitoring: Participants will receive training in organizing and planning the biodiversity survey and monitoring process in their areas.
- Practical field survey and monitoring: This aspect will assist participants in implementing field survey and monitoring activities according to the needs of their respective units.
- Field-acquired data processing: Participants will learn how to independently process the data collected and extract insights based on the needs of their units.
The training course will be held on the following dates:
- November 22-23, 2023: at Xuân Sơn National Park, Phú Thọ Province
- November 25-26, 2023: at Đồng Tháp Mười Conservation & Ecotourism Area, Tiền Giang Province
- November 28-30, 2023: at Đồng Nai Nature – Culture Reserve, Đồng Nai Province
CBES hopes that through these training courses, it will contribute to the restoration and protection of the important ecosystems of Xuân Sơn National Park, Đồng Tháp Mười Conservation & Ecotourism Area and Đồng Nai Nature – Culture Reserve, and the local communities will implement new habits in their lives and activities to help protect and restore freshwater resources.